Mediterranean Cooking Class
SUN-DRENCHED AND FLAVOURFUL
The Mediterranean region is in the heart of the world, so it should come as no surprise that its traditional food is so good for your health. Following it will add years to your life, and life (and sunshine) to your years.
The countries which border the Mediterranean Sea are the source of some of the oldest great civilisations and most profound human wisdom. They also boast a wonderful, plant-based cuisine that’s rich in fruit and vegetables, low in sodium, and contains a lot of antioxidants and healthy fats from avocados and olive oil.
Traditional meals in these countries are often a riot of colour, and food and family are incredibly important (just ask our neighbours at Casalinga Ristorante Italiano). This all adds up to a cuisine in which flavour comes first, and where naturally sourced, organic ingredients help people live longer, more fulfilled lives (the island of Sicily has one of the highest rates of people living to 100 years or more).
By attending this wonderful cooking class, you’ll learn how to make classic Mediterranean vegetarian dishes from Greece, Italy and the Levant. Some you may have tried before, while others will be new to you. One thing they all have in common is that they full of nutrients and have serious cardiac health benefits.
The menu includes:
- - Saganaki (barbecued halloumi cheese with fresh thyme & lemon) - Greece
- - Tabbouleh Salad (parsley & pine nuts) - Lebanon
- - Imam Bayildi (baked eggplant stuffed with tomatoes & herbs) - Turkey
- - Muhammara (walnut, pepper & pomegranate dip) - Syria
- - Arancini (rice balls stuffed with peas, cheese & mushrooms) - Sicily
- - Fennel & Sundried Olive Tapas - Spain
- - Briouat (phyllo stuffed with almonds & soaked in orange blossom syrup) - Morocco
"My diet is the Mediterranean diet, which is good food. I eat well" – Penelope Cruz
Please pay by EFT to book your place (Ancient Secrets • Nedbank Killarney • Branch code 191605 • Account number 1916044743). Contact Chef Ishvara for more details: 084 624 0000